Oct 5, 2011
10 Questions | Earnest Lofton
Earnest Lofton is a respected director in Houston gospel music. He is currently the Minister of Music at Lilly Grove Baptist Church. Let’s learn more about him with this week’s 10 Questions.
- Where were you born? Houston.
- What are your favorite songs (of any genre)? I like several different genres of music. I enjoy most of the 1960s R & B Motown artists, Disco 1970s music, Marching bands, concert music, and many, many gifted religious artists. I also enjoy music that is not traditional to my upbringing like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.
- Vanilla or Chocolate? Vanilla.
- Do you like sports? If so, who is your favorite team? I love sports. I am an avid football and basketball fan. I love high school, college, and pro-football, and love college basketball and have been a season ticket holder to University of Houston’s basketball team for many years. I follow the Texans, Rockets, Cy Fair ISD, and the University of Houston’s football and basketball teams.
- What is your favorite color? Black. . You can match it with almost anything!
- If you could get away for a month where would you go on vacation? Hawaii, England, France or the Bahamas.
- Are you a good cook? If so, what’s your favorite dish? No, not a CONFIDENT cook, just well enough to not starve! I love seafood and spaghetti.
- If you were not doing music what job could you see yourself doing? I worked in Oil & Gas Accounting for 21 years for Texaco and LOVED it. When Texaco was purchased by Chevron, I was serving as Payroll Tax Manager for a Texaco Joint Venture Company!
- Do you like to shop? If so, where is your favorite place to shop? I like to look good, but I’m not a REGULAR shopper. . Other than grocery shopping, I shop about 2 -3 times per year and I want thing to be on sale when I buy! Favorite day to shop is the day schools resume after Christmas break – Dilliard and Macy’s for casual wear since there is no Foley’s. LOL!
- What are your “words to live by?” I have many, but I love “I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread.” Psalms 1 is also a favorite.
You can find him on Facebook, click here.